The benefits of mechanical forklift truck drum handling attachments versus hydraulic
Our use of a mechanical operating system in our Grab-O-Matic products offers the greatest reliability to our clients, no matter where in the world they operate.
Challenges for hydraulic and electrical systems
Over 60 years St Clare Engineering has been developing mechanical drum handling forklift attachments that don’t suffer from the limitations of hydraulic or electrical systems. This is particularly pertinent for systems that regularly operate outdoors in harsh conditions. These operating challenges include:
- Changes in the viscosity of the hydraulic fluid in hot and cold temperatures affect their performance
- Lubricants within hydraulic systems also become less effective as their viscosity changes with temperature
- Rubber components in electrical and hydraulic systems become brittle and crack in extreme temperatures
- Temperature can effect electrical currents within components
- Electrical wiring and connections are vulnerable to damage and environmental conditions
- Strong sunlight can degrade plastic components found in electrical equipment such as UPVC
Systems that are mechanical and manufactured from high quality steel are not affected to the same extent because components don’t suffer the same wear and tear. Instead they are resistant to changing environments, which makes them a good, long-term investment.
It’s essential for us to ensure that our customers have full confidence in our products and trust that our mechanical systems are resistant to malfunction. We manufacture to the ISO9001:2015 standard, and all our products are fully inspected, tested and certified before sale. Those standards are backed up by our annual maintenance inspection service (UK).
St Clare Engineering and Grab-O-Matic
St Clare Engineering Ltd is a family business. We have been manufacturing a range of specialist, high-quality forklift truck drum attachments under the Grab-O-Matic trade name since 1959, to lift, move and tilt drums of various shape, size and weight.
We supply drum handling equipment to the oil, chemical, logistics and engineering industries globally, from the Arctic Circle to the Arabian Gulf. All components are manufactured in the UK and every unit is fabricated, hand-assembled and inspected at our factory in Eastleigh, Hampshire.
For more information about our products and servicing, visit our website, ring us on 02380 643402 or contact email@example.com.
For more information and enquiries please contact:
Andy Bow – St Clare Engineering Ltd
Tel: 02380 643402
Fax: 02380 642189